So here we are. Less than a day and a half away from Year X. Hours away from leaving behind the life of "balls out".
I must admit that I have thoroughly enjoyed the past few weeks. Not caring what I was eating. Having a slurpee every day. There’s a part of me that’s going to miss these days. Does this mean that my resolve is slipping? Not one bit. I’m still just as committed today as I was when I wrote the original blog. Looking towards the new adventure that begins at 12:00:01 on January 1st.
So what happens? Is everything suddenly off limits when the clock strikes 12? Not entirely. Initially my goal is to get rid of pop, in it’s regular and frozen forms, and sweet treats. And to certainly watch the rest of my food intake. What’s the point of giving up slurpees if I go out and eat half a pizza!
What I would like to concentrate on is to eat only when I’m hungry. Sounds simple right? I think a lot of the trouble I run into is eating when food shows up in front of me. Even if I’m not hungry. I would grab the donut after the big lunch. Or the bowl of chips at night.
Then there’s all my other resolutions I have to fit in as well as working two jobs! Yikes! Let’s concentrate on the slurpee thing first!
It’s going to be a tough road in the first few weeks. I have no doubt.
Stayed tuned! At some point this weekend I will be weighing myself. Not looking forward to that! I will be posting it once a week. Keeping myself honest!
So here goes. The final countdown to Year X! I wish you all a very Happy New Year! See you on the other side!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No Response to “The Final Countdown...”
Post a Comment